|Composition||Betamethasone(0.10%w/w) + Neomycin(0.5%w/w)|
|Company||GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.|
|Type of medicine||Corticosteroid, Antibiotic|
|Route of administration||Topical|
General uses of Betnovate N cream
Betnovate N cream is a combination of two medicine. it is used in the treatment of a variety of skin infections. It generally used to treat symptoms of inflammation like redness, and swelling.
It is also be used in the treatment of dermatitis, eczema, and some other bacterial infections.
Ingredients of Betnovate N cream
Betamethasone: It contain Betamethasone(0.1%w/w). It is a class of medicine known as Corticosteroids. It is generally used in the treatment of inflammation symptoms like itching, redness, swelling.
Neomycin: Betnovate N cream contain Neomycin(0.5%w/w). Neomycin is a class of medicine known as Aminoglycoside antibiotics. Topically it is used to treat infected wounds, ulcers, skin burn, and other bacterial infections.
How does Betnovate N cream work?/Mechanism of Action
Betnovate N cream is a combination of two medicine. The betamethasone in this cream is a corticosteroid. It works by binding to glucocorticoid receptors and blocks the PLA2(Phospholipase A2) enzyme activity. This in result inhibits the formation of arachidonic acid and further the synthesis of prostaglandins. Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis helps in reducing the symptoms of Inflammation like Swelling, redness, and itchiness.
The Neomycin in Betnovate N cream is an antibiotic. It has bactericidal action. It works by binding to 30 S ribosomes in the bacterial cells. Hence it causes the inhibition of initiation of protein synthesis in the bacterial cell wall. This in result shows the antibacterial action.
Side effects of Betnovate N cream
In some cases, It may show side effects like:
- Skin rashes
- Skin itching
- Burning sensations
When to Avoid the use of Betnovate N cream/precautions
- Do not use Betnovate N cream for fungal infection such as ringworm and candidiasis
- Do not use the Betnovate N cream for the conditions for that it is not prescribed. Doing so may worsen the condition.
- Do not scratch or touch the infected area, as it may cause the spread of bacterial infection.
- Breastfeeding women must consult to doctor before using Betnovate N cream.
How to use Betnovate N cream?
- Betnovate N cream should only be used when advised by your doctor and it is only meant for external use.
- Directly applied Betnovate N cream on the affected area with clean and dry hands.
- Always wash your hands after applying this cream.
- If it gets into your eyes, mouth, nose, and vagina, then suddenly rinse it with water.
1. Can Betnovate N cream be used for Pimples?
No, It can not be used to treat pimples or acne. And using it for treating pimples and acne may worsen the condition.
2. Can Betnovate N cream be used for Fungal infections?
No, it can not be used in treating fungal infections. It only helps to treat the symptoms of inflammations and some bacterial infections.
3. Can we used Betnovate N cream for fairness?
Betnovate N cream can not be used as a fairness cream.
4. What are the uses of Betnovate N cream?
The therapeutic uses of Betnovate N cream are in the treatment of inflammation symptoms like redness, Swelling, Itchiness, and some other bacterial infections.
Betnovate N cream is a combination of Two medicine i.e. Betamethasone(0.1%w/w) and Neomycin(0.5%w/w). It is a prescription medicine and generally used in the treatment of inflammation symptoms like redness, itching, swelling, and other microbial infections.
It is not advised to use for fungal infections like ringworm. It is meant to use for external purposes only.
Note: The above details about Betnovate N cream is for informative purpose. Do not use this cream without consulting your doctor or pharmacist.