|Route of administration
General Uses of Asthalin Syrup
Asthalin syrup is usually prescribed to treat the symptoms of Bronchospasm and COPD(Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
In other words, Asthalin syrup is usually prescribed for treating symptoms related to asthma such as Coughing, breathlessness, and wheezing.
Ingredient of Asthalin Syrup
Salbutamol: Asthalin Syrup contain Salbutamol(2mg/5ml). Salbutamol is a class of drugs known as Bronchodilators. It is mainly used to treat the symptoms of Bronchial asthma and COPD.
Salbutamol comes in a variety of dosage forms like Syrup, Inhaler, tablets, and respules(respiratory solution)
How does Asthalin Syrup work?/Mechanism of action
Salbutamol in Asthalin syrup is a Beta-2 Selective agonist. It causes Bronchodilation by stimulating the β2 receptors and increasing cAMP formation in Bronchial muscle cells. This leads to the relaxation of muscles in the airways and makes breathing easier.
Side effects of Asthalin Syrup
Asthalin syrup may show some side effects like:
- Increased heart rate
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult to Doctor before using Asthalin Syrup.
- Avoid taking this medicine with alcohol.
- Tell your doctor, If you have a history of heart related disease or chest pain.
- Avoid taking this medicine, If you are allergic to salbutamol.
- Tell your doctor, If you are using any medicine for Hypertension(high blood pressure).
How to use Asthalin Syrup
- Take the Dose of Asthalin Syrup as advised by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not consume Asthalin syrup directly from the bottle.
- Try using a spoon or measuring cup for exact quantity.
- Shake well before use.
Asthalin syrup is generally used to treat symptoms of Bronchospasm and COPD(chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) like breathlessness, wheezing and coughing.
Asthalin Syrup is a bronchodilator that helps in treating breathing problems, and it would not be effective for treating cough.
Asthalin Syrup may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
The dose of Asthalin syrup purely depends on age, sex, and many other factors. So always consult your doctor about the dose of this medicine for babies.
No, It would not be effective to treat the symptoms of Cold.
Asthalin Syrup is a Prescription medicine. It is generally used in the treatment of symptoms like Breathlessness, Coughing, and wheezing due to Bronchospasm and COPD.
This Syrup is used with caution in patients with a history of heart disease and chest pain.
Note: The above details about Asthalin Syrup is for informational and study purposes. Do not use this medicine without consulting to doctor or pharmacist.